- Frank + health.com.au
- How do I check my limits?
- Cover review
- Updating your details
- What am I covered for?
- Coronavirus FAQ's
- How we're supporting you during coronavirus
- The value of private health insurance in a pandemic
- Adding or removing people from your account
- Authorising another person on your cover
- Pre-existing conditions
- Suspending your cover
- Waiting periods explained
- Private health insurance reforms
- Gap in cover
- Ambulance explained
- Ante/Post Natal Services
- Dental Explained
- Extras limits explained
- Health Appliances
- Health Screening
- HICAPS & HealthPoint explained
- How does extras cover work?
- Natural Therapies
- Non PBS prescriptions
- Optical explained
- Set Benefits FAQ
- Telehealth Benefits
- Travel vaccines
- What is health maintenance?
- Emergency Department Fees
- Going to Hospital
- Hospital Added Costs
- Insulin Pumps
- IVF & assisted reproductive services
- LHC exemptions
- Public vs. Private
- Restrictions & Exclusions
- Understanding out of pockets
- What is an excess?
- What is LHC?
- What is the MBS?
- Where does Medicare fit in?
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
- Mental Health Waiver
- Entry Hospital
- Annual premium review
- Can I lock in my premium?
- I can’t use my cover like I used to...
- What if my cover is currently suspended?
- Where do my premiums go?
- Why does my premium change every year?
- Why does my premium change, if I rarely make claims?
- Why is my price change different to the national average percentage?
- 3 ways to save money on your health insurance.
The value of private health insurance in a pandemic
Can I use my private hospital cover right now?
Yes - people still need hospital treatment for diseases and illnesses apart from coronavirus. Private health insurance still covers you for these treatments, just as before.
We’re still funding critical treatments and surgeries included in your cover, such as heart failure, cardiac surgery, infants at risk, neurosurgery, dialysis, pregnancy, oncology and chemotherapy treatment. As usual, when you’re covered by us you’re still able to choose your own specialist. And if you are admitted to hospital for treatment, you still have the option of electing to be treated as a private patient.
And what about Extras?
Availability of extras services in many areas have returned to pre-pandemic levels.
health.com.au is continuing to cover customers for other services such as emergency dental, as we would normally.
So, what happens next?
Elective surgeries that were cancelled due to coronavirus have been rescheduled, depending on hospital capacity at any given time. Previous caps on elective surgeries volumes could possibly lead to a bottleneck in the health system in the future.
Having private hospital cover means that you can avoid an even longer than normal public hospital wait list, as well as have access to private care with your choice of doctor.
Have you heard the word?
On 1 July 2021, health.com.au will join forces with Frank Health Insurance.
Learn more about the upcoming cover changes here.