- Frank + health.com.au
- How do I check my limits?
- Cover review
- Updating your details
- What am I covered for?
- Coronavirus FAQ's
- How we're supporting you during coronavirus
- The value of private health insurance in a pandemic
- Adding or removing people from your account
- Authorising another person on your cover
- Pre-existing conditions
- Suspending your cover
- Waiting periods explained
- Private health insurance reforms
- Gap in cover
- Ambulance explained
- Ante/Post Natal Services
- Dental Explained
- Extras limits explained
- Health Appliances
- Health Screening
- HICAPS & HealthPoint explained
- How does extras cover work?
- Natural Therapies
- Non PBS prescriptions
- Optical explained
- Set Benefits FAQ
- Telehealth Benefits
- Travel vaccines
- What is health maintenance?
- Emergency Department Fees
- Going to Hospital
- Hospital Added Costs
- Insulin Pumps
- IVF & assisted reproductive services
- LHC exemptions
- Public vs. Private
- Restrictions & Exclusions
- Understanding out of pockets
- What is an excess?
- What is LHC?
- What is the MBS?
- Where does Medicare fit in?
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
- Mental Health Waiver
- Entry Hospital
- Annual premium review
- Can I lock in my premium?
- I can’t use my cover like I used to...
- What if my cover is currently suspended?
- Where do my premiums go?
- Why does my premium change every year?
- Why does my premium change, if I rarely make claims?
- Why is my price change different to the national average percentage?
- 3 ways to save money on your health insurance.
HICAPS & HealthPoint explained
Claiming your extras with health.com.au is super simple. You can either make use of your healthcare providers’ HICAPS or HealthPoint eftpos-style claiming facilities provided by HICAPS and HealthPoint, or claim online through our website.
The HICAPS and HealthPoint systems allow you to claim during your appointment with your healthcare provider (like your dentist or optometrist):
- Swipe your Claims Card through an EFTPOS style terminal, and any entitlements will be automatically authorised and paid
- If there's a difference between your Extras benefit and the fee charged by your provider, then you'll need to pay this on the spot.
If your provider doesn't have HICAPS, HealthPoint or it's not an option for any reason, you'll have to pay upfront. Make sure you keep invoice for online claiming.
*Keep in mind the HICAPS or HealthPoint receipt is not sufficient. We'll need the full tax invoice to assess the claim at our end.
Have you heard the word?
On 1 July 2021, health.com.au will join forces with Frank Health Insurance.
Learn more about upcoming important dates that will affect claiming here.