- Coronavirus FAQ's
- How we're supporting you during coronavirus
- Adding or removing people from your account
- Authorising another person on your cover
- Cover review
- How do I check my limits?
- Pre-existing conditions
- Suspending your cover
- Updating your details
- What am I covered for?
- Waiting periods explained
- Private health insurance reforms
- Gap in cover
- Emergency Department Fees
- Going to Hospital
- Hospital Added Costs
- Insulin Pumps
- IVF & assisted reproductive services
- LHC exemptions
- Public vs. Private
- Restrictions & Exclusions
- Understanding out of pockets
- What is an excess?
- What is LHC?
- What is the MBS?
- Where does Medicare fit in?
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
HICAPS & iSOFT explained
Claiming your extras with health.com.au is super simple. You can either make use of your healthcare providers’ HICAPS or iSOFT eftpos-style claiming facilities provided by HICAPS and iSOFT HealthPoint, or claim online through our website.
The HICAPS and iSOFT systems allow you to claim during your appointment with your healthcare provider (like your dentist or optometrist):
- Swipe your Claims Card through an EFTPOS style terminal, and any entitlements will be automatically authorised and paid
- If there's a difference between your Extras benefit and the fee charged by your provider, then you'll need to pay this on the spot.
If your provider doesn't have HICAPS, iSOFT or it's not an option for any reason, you'll have to pay upfront. Make sure you keep invoice for online claiming.
*Keep in mind the HICAPS or iSOFT receipt is not sufficient. We'll need the full tax invoice to assess the claim at our end.