- Coronavirus FAQ's
- How we're supporting you during coronavirus
- health.com.au with Kieser
- The value of private health insurance in a pandemic
- Adding or removing people from your account
- Authorising another person on your cover
- Cover review
- How do I check my limits?
- Pre-existing conditions
- Suspending your cover
- Updating your details
- What am I covered for?
- Waiting periods explained
- Private health insurance reforms
- Gap in cover
- Ambulance explained
- Ante/Post Natal Services
- Dental Explained
- Extras limits explained
- Health Appliances
- Health Screening
- HICAPS & HealthPoint explained
- How does extras cover work?
- Natural Therapies
- Non PBS prescriptions
- Optical explained
- Set Benefits FAQ
- Telehealth Benefits
- Travel vaccines
- What is health maintenance?
- Emergency Department Fees
- Going to Hospital
- Hospital Added Costs
- Insulin Pumps
- IVF & assisted reproductive services
- LHC exemptions
- Public vs. Private
- Restrictions & Exclusions
- Understanding out of pockets
- What is an excess?
- What is LHC?
- What is the MBS?
- Where does Medicare fit in?
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
- Mental Health Waiver
- Entry Hospital
- Annual premium review
- Can I lock in my premium?
- I can’t use my cover like I used to...
- What if my cover is currently suspended?
- Where do my premiums go?
- Why does my premium change every year?
- Why does my premium change, if I rarely make claims?
- Why is my price change different to the national average percentage?
- 3 ways to save money on your health insurance.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
health.com.au have recently engaged TMS Clinics Australia (TMSA) to provide outpatient TMS as a hospital substitution program to eligible members. This is a 2 year pilot, which commenced in August 2018.
TMSA was founded by psychiatrists Professor Paul Fitzgerald and Dr Ted Cassidy, who both have extensive experience treating patients for depression using TMS. This treatment is based on the latest research to ensure you receive the most up to date protocols with the best possible treatment outcomes.
Participation in the pilot program is voluntary and is available to members at no cost.
Access to the program is available to health.com.au members in Victoria and New South Wales who have had TMS previously. The aims of this pilot are to alleviate severe or treatment resistant Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) to allow patients to return to a greater degree of functioning, and to reduce the requirement for inpatient treatment for participating members which is disruptive to psychosocial rehabilitation.
If you are eligible for the program, TMSA will work collaboratively with your treating psychiatrist (with your permission) and request any clinical information that may be of assistance in developing your TMS treatment plan.
For more information about this pilot and TMSA clinic locations, please call TMSA on 1300 867 888, or the health.com.au call centre on 1300 199 802.
Further information about TMS Clinics Australia can be found on the TMS Clinics Australia Website at https://tmsaustralia.com.au