- Coronavirus FAQ's
- How we're supporting you during coronavirus
- health.com.au with Kieser
- The value of private health insurance in a pandemic
- Adding or removing people from your account
- Authorising another person on your cover
- Cover review
- How do I check my limits?
- Pre-existing conditions
- Suspending your cover
- Updating your details
- What am I covered for?
- Waiting periods explained
- Private health insurance reforms
- Gap in cover
- Ambulance explained
- Ante/Post Natal Services
- Dental Explained
- Extras limits explained
- Health Appliances
- Health Screening
- HICAPS & HealthPoint explained
- How does extras cover work?
- Natural Therapies
- Non PBS prescriptions
- Optical explained
- Set Benefits FAQ
- Telehealth Benefits
- Travel vaccines
- What is health maintenance?
- Emergency Department Fees
- Going to Hospital
- Hospital Added Costs
- Insulin Pumps
- IVF & assisted reproductive services
- LHC exemptions
- Public vs. Private
- Restrictions & Exclusions
- Understanding out of pockets
- What is an excess?
- What is LHC?
- What is the MBS?
- Where does Medicare fit in?
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
- Mental Health Waiver
- Entry Hospital
- Annual premium review
- Can I lock in my premium?
- I can’t use my cover like I used to...
- What if my cover is currently suspended?
- Where do my premiums go?
- Why does my premium change every year?
- Why does my premium change, if I rarely make claims?
- Why is my price change different to the national average percentage?
- 3 ways to save money on your health insurance.
Where do my premiums go?
Your claims are the most important thing we do, and are where the majority of all premiums go.
The rest covers the cost of running our business, including our awesome customer service team, to make sure you're getting real customer service when you need it. We're super proud of our staff here at health.com.au. We try our best to make sure that when you contact us you’ll never wait long.
We pride ourselves on providing real, human, we-give-a-damn service. Plus we’re on all your favourite social platforms, so whenever you need us, we’re there.
Hospital for peace of mind.
When we’re seeing public hospital waiting times as long as they are for elective surgery, private hospital insurance means you can get treatment quickly in a private hospital with your choice of doctor in the room.
health.com.au private hospital insurance gives you access to a national network of private hospitals, so no matter what state you’re in, we’ve got you covered. We’re also part of a group, along with many other health funds, which negotiates on our behalf to reduce the cost of hospital admissions for our customers.
Extras made easy.
We make claiming easy with our simple cover options, online claiming access and HICAPS, all paid up to your annual limit. To make things simpler again, your limits run on a calendar year. Think: new year, new limits. We deliberately design our extras products to be used, and to help you stay healthy. That's why we're here.
We want you to use providers that you’re most comfortable with. As a health.com.au customer, you’ve got the freedom to choose. Take your health.com.au card with you to claim on the spot, or make your claim online when it suits you.
Change can be a challenge.
Nobody likes a price increase. We absolutely understand. Unfortunately, health insurance premiums generally increase as the cost of healthcare in Australia rises.
Nurses and hospital staff receive wage increases. We see higher costs from other medical and health care providers, expensive advances in medical technology, and the inevitable increase in medical attention from an ageing population.
We believe everyone deserves the best possible care with access to the latest treatments. These advances in healthcare are great because they help us live longer, healthier lives. But they’re not cheap, and they’re a big impact on our claims.
Actually enjoy dealing with your health insurer for a change.
Let’s be honest. On your list of to-do’s for the week, managing your private health insurance is somewhere pretty close to the bottom. We’re trying to change that by providing a fresh, energetic, and human face to health insurance. Our team, culture, and customer experience is focused on delivering what you need, with a healthy attitude. You’re not just paying for insurance, you’re paying for friendly, fuss-free, simple cover for when you need it the most